Sunday, December 28, 2008

Beginning of my BodyBugg Experience

Hello! My name is Kelly. I bought a BodyBugg the day after Thanksgiving when 24 Hour Fitness was having their sale. When I was searching to find information about the BodyBugg I came across a few people's blogs and became inspired. So, with the joys of this Christmas Season over I have decided to start a blog to track my own progress- as well as keep myself accountable.

I have struggled with my weight for most of my young adult life. My weight loss started at the age of 14 when I dropped 40 lbs which left me at 110. Six years later I have found myself at 234 pounds. I am turning 21 next May and am planning on a weekend trip to New York City with a few girlfriends. Which gives me approximately 6 months and my goal is to lose about 40 pounds- although 50-60 would be wonderful.

I will start my new journey with BodyBugg tomorrow. I am hoping to lose at least 1000-2000 calories a day. To get that accomplished I will be walking, playing the Wii, and I have several Biggest Loser videos. Hopefully, that isn't too much of a stretch. I guess we will see how well that goes tomorrow :]

I will be posting daily results. Advice, help, comments, and/or encouragement would be appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Good luck with your journey. My advice would be to start slow. I would not aim for a 2000 calorie deficit right off. I am finding it hard to have a 1000 calorie deficit, I can't imagine it being doubled!
    Good luck!
    Kim <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found the link from Mike's blog.
    I agree with Kimberly ...
    I would recommend the first week to just get familiar with how many calories you burn and how much your body can take. I've been putting in 2000 calorie deficit days myself, and I can tell you that it makes you TIRED ... which is fine if you have the luxury of sleeping to let your body recover. Try to figure out how much you burn just sitting around all day and then build from that. For example, I burn about 3,100 calories doing nothing all day (according to my bugg). That means I really only have to do 1,000 calories of exercise to hit a deficit of 2,000 assuming I intake 2,000 calories a day.

    -Fat Cube Monkey (www.fatcubemonkey.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the key to my success. I don't believe the bodybugg 100%. But it is an invaluable assett. It gives you a reference. It shows you how hard you are working towards specific goals. Even walking, I know I have to have a pretty good pace to get my max burn rate...if I slow the pace, the calories / min decreases. Thats okay if I do the same distance because the time exercising is greater then and you get close to the same total. I also don't believe I burn 1.6 calories at my 'resting rate'. This is what bodybugg says. I am diligent with my food logs and with the deficet they have me trying to get, I really don't see any progress. So I upped my burn to 3700 / day. I keep my calories at 2000 or below 'MOST DAYS'. Even with that, my weight fluctuates every few days. It will go as high as 2 pounds up or down. But the overall trend is down, no doubt.
    I know they tell you to weigh in only once a week, but if I was on an upswing on that day, i could easily get frustrated with that. I have created a chart for my progress. I sent one to Cube Monkey. I can create one for you as well if you want. Kim too, I find it helpful, I don't know if Cube is using it or not. After this month is over, I will post my graph so you can see the wild changes in weight. But like I said, it is going down.

    ReplyDelete