Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 21

I have not been giving the bodybugg 100% of my effort. Tomorrow starts week four. I am going to start fresh and give it everything I have got. I have new goals in mind and WILL achieve them!!

The first one of those goals is to run my very first 5K. It may not sound like much- but let me tell ya, for me it will be HUGE! :) I am pretty much a couch potato! It is great though because I found this awesome website- cool running- which tells me exactly what to do to get me prepared for the race in just 2 months. The article is even called "Couch to 5K". Perfect. The race is May 30 so I have just over 4 months to train. I am hoping that is enough time. My plan so far is to start out on the treadmill since it is blitzzen cold outside! It hit -22 just 2 days ago! Granted the weather is getting back to normal at 20 degrees I am opting to train inside for the first couple of months! Then in March/April I will take it to the pavement. I will be running with two girlfriends of mine who are both fit- which will hopefully be a motivation for me because I surely do not want to slow them down!

My next goal is on June 20. The Pumpkinvine Bike Ride. 15, 26, 44, 67 and 104-Mile Routes. I am aiming for the 26 or 44 mile routes. I was planning on doing this last year and missed the deadline so this year is a must!! http://www.pumpkinvine.org/html/2009_bike_ride.html#Bikeridehome

Those are my two newest goals- along with being less than 190 lbs by NYC!

I have appreciated Mike, Cube Monkey, and Kim for keeping my accountable. I love reading your daily progress. It keeps me inspired!

On Wednesday I am starting Massage Therapy School. That will surely give me extra calories burned since that is hard work. I am looking forward to it. Along with Massage School I am also going full time to a local commuter college. Plus working 32 hr weeks. It will be a busy year but I cannot wait!!

The following chart is of yesterday.





2 comments:

  1. Yea, I really like her DVD also. I haven't made it to Level 2 yet tho. Sounds like you have some good goals in mind. I ran my first 5K last year at Race for the Cure here in Detroit. It was such an awesome experience. I also used that cool running site to start training however after a few weeks I fell off the wagon and wasn't even training at all before the race. I don't even think I ran once 1 month before the race. But when I got there, the other 30,000 people there were motivating, and I finished my first one in around 35 minutes. Which isn't bad considering I am not a runner, and I didn't train! You can do anything you put your mind too! I also got into biking last year, and did several long rides. My longest was in October and is was over 50 miles. It's such a great feeling when you are done, like "Did I just do that?!?" Keep up the hard work, it will pay off in the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your first 5K! I followed the cool running's couch to 5k program years ago and did my first 5k. It is an awesome program! You sound like you have some great things you are working towards!

    ReplyDelete